This is the first thumb release I have used and I love it. It did take a couple weeks of shooting and adjusting to find the perfect set up for me. I kept going back and forth between 3 and 4 finger and finally decided on the 4. It's nice being able to have that option without tearing up an expensive release. On other solid one piece releases you would have to buy a 4 finger and risk cutting off the 4th finger to try 3. There are so many adjustments that you can do with this release the you can truly set it up to you and your shooting style.
On the third and fourth finger you can have them swept back or inline, there is 30 degrees of rotation in each of the fingers for the perfect fit. It also comes with two different barrel sizes for the thumb peg. The sensitivity and thumb travel can be adjusted along with the head placement with the Lever Alignment System which moves the string closer or further from your face at full draw.
- Comfort Flex Technology-Unlike solid one piece releases you can position the fingers inline, swept back, or anything in between allowing you to have a comfortable grip when at full draw.
- LAS-Moving the head allows you to move the bowstring closer or further from your face for a more comfortable anchor. Now you can move the head in 4 different positions.
- 3 and 4 finger in package-Now you don't have to buy anything extra or cut up your release. Included in the package you have the option of a 3 finger or 4 finger release.
- Multi position thumb lever with small knurled pin. Being able to move the thumb barrel in different positions and also being able to change the size you can really get it how you want it.
- Sensitivity and Travel adjustment. You can really fine tune how heavy the thumb trigger is and how much travel before the release goes off.
Product PerformanceThe Abyss Flex works better than I thought it would. While it did take a couple weeks of shooting with it and adjusting I have no complaints. It has helped with my target panic because you can shoot it like you would a back tension release only with more control of the shot. I have never felt more comfortable at full draw than I do shooting this release.
Dimensions3 Finger-5 oz.
4 Finger-5.2 oz.
- Adjust everything to fit you
- Good weight
- Matching hinge release-So if you like to go back and forth between a hinge and thumb you can get the Fulkrum Flex and have it set up exactly the same as the Abyss Flex.
- Shooting a thumb release helped with my target panic
- Helped me with consistency and accuracy
- Maybe too adjustable for some.
- All the screws on the thumb part are Philips screws. I would like the see them as Allen screws, like everything else.